TERRASSA (BARCELONA) - SPAIN: SMART CREMATION
Terrassa is a Spanish Municipality of over 200.000 habitants located in Barcelona's province.
Cremation in Terrassa is 60% of the 2.500 funeral services registered per year in the Municipality. In 3 years, from 2015 to 2018, it went from 971 to 1.210 cremations.
The 2018 project involved the replacement of two of the three existing ovens and the installation of a filtration system. The planning also included the renovation of the crematorium’s installations with civil works.
The new technology involved in this revamping project provide more accurate and continuous monitoring of the process.
The Plant is composed by 2 cremators with a single innovative and compact filtration system.
The cremators are CRM6/Rim model, they are able to perform 6-10 cremation per day each, with a total year performance of 4.000/5.000 cremations on both lines.
In this new installation we have introduced some new features:
- Filtration System: Double Heat Exchanger in single filtration line
- Ash Discharge System: Semi Automatic ash raking.
- Loading System: New coffin’s loader with PLC connection.
New GEM Loading system directly connected with the cremator’s PLC unit in order to transmit coffin’s weight information to the system and automatically select the right cremation program.
- Automatic Loading System
- Automatic coffin loading
- Wireless connection
- Automatic weighing of the coffin
- Automatic selection of the cremation program
- Linear position sensor
Note: it is possible to option this machine with the automatic movement system that allow to have an automatic movement between oven doors with automatic precision positioning in front of the cremator’s door.
SEMI AUTOMATIC ASH RAKING SYSTEM.
- Semi Automatic ash discharge system;
- Use of a robotic machine for the collection of the ashes;
- The operator intervenes only to “cold ashes” to operate on the later stage of treatment;
- Save space behind the cremator;
- Ergonomic and safe conditions for operator.